Having worked with HM Prison and Probation service since 2000, we have gained invaluable insight over the last 20 years into the finer details of how the Criminal Justice system operates and the challenges faced.
Recent examples of our work include;
TDP delivered the Talent Programme for the Long-Term, High-Security Estate (LTHSE) from 2017 - 2019
TDP is currently working with the leadership team at HMP Birmingham following the return of the Prison from a private-sector provider.
The challenges faced by HMPPS are well publicised, with fewer resources and increasing population, resulting in a challenging environment where good leadership is critical to achieving their objectives.
LTHSE - The programme was required to equip high-potential colleagues at all levels with the skills for now, and for the future, to prepare them to take on leadership roles within Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service.
HMP Birmingham - Following conversations with the Governor and Deputy Governor, it was clear that leaders
needed to able to deliver and lead the culture change required for the new operating environment and team.
The programme was designed to meet the needs of two cohorts, frontline staff and first-line / custodial managers and Heads of Function and Governor grades. This was part of an initiative to build a pipeline of talent to engage, motivate
and drive performance to meet the leadership challenges. The Talent Programme contained:
- Psychometric assessment and 1-1 profiles
- 1-1 development coaching and feedback
- Innovative and impactful group learning events
- Working groups delivering bespoke project work back in their respective Prisons
- Self-directed learning, to create a culture of continuous learning and development
TDP designed and is delivering the programme for the Senior Leadership Team, including:
- Launch Event, getting the team to think about leadership challenges specific to the prison service and HMP Birmingham
- PRISM Neuroscience behavioural development profile for each leader
- 1-1 Coaching session to discuss the outcome of the PRISM behavioural tool and start a development action plan
- Workshops exploring the skills to promote personal accountability, encourage autonomy and lead culture change